Covid-19: the international thread

yaxomoxay

Site Champ
Aug 13, 2020
Spain Caught Off Guard by Resurgent Coronavirus

yaxomoxay

Site Champ
Aug 13, 2020
In Italian sorry. Basically the article is saying that there is a resurgence of the virus, and that 50% of the new cases have been tracked down from people coming back from their summer vacations, hence there’s an escalation in case number. Lombardy region Case number is now increasing at a worrying pace

Ritorno a casa col virus. La metà dei nuovi infetti contagiata in vacanza
23 AGOSTO 2020
Non si ferma l’escalation dei casi: 1.210 nelle ultime 24 ore. La Lombardia risupera il Lazio. Accordo vicino sui tamponi agli imbarchi dei traghetti da e per la Sardegna

Alli

Staff member
Aug 11, 2020
And this answers the questions from other threads asking why places like NY are not returning to normal right away.

yaxomoxay

Site Champ
Aug 13, 2020
And this answers the questions from other threads asking why places like NY are not returning to normal right away.
Well, I don't think we'll return (or we should) return to normal before the end of 2021, but we certainly mustn't over react on the other side. What a crazy year, next what, Cthulhu's awakening?

Alli

Staff member
Aug 11, 2020
And the US is still struggling with the first wave.

Let’s hope Europe can handle it.

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
Reactions: Alli and yaxomoxay

Alli

Staff member
Aug 11, 2020
as for waves I think US should reason in terms of states (a-la Europe).
So much for the “united” part.

I’ve been watching friends in Australia as they go in and out of lockdown without a complaint. They seem to be doing things right.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe