Light and Dark Themes

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
The default theme is light but if you look at the bottom of the page and click on Default Style you can change it to Discord Theme if you prefer things darker.

Reactions: Edward

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
I’m in the minority when it comes to light/dark. Of course, it could just be that I’m old. I like light.
You and me both, both on the computer and my phone. I don't mind the discord look but it's not something I can look at too long.

Reactions: Edward and Alli

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
I’m in the minority when it comes to light/dark. Of course, it could just be that I’m old. I like light.
I'm the same.

On Discord, I could hardly read posts, let alone reply to them (nose pressed to screen - eyes - and I have worn glasses since I was a small child, crunched up, squinting, painfully - and that awful font made matters even worse).

Light background, please, and, a nice, legible font.

Mind you, my keyboard problem, on my own MBA - an old (battered, but Apple, portable keyboard was dropped over by a friend this week, alleviating matters a little) haven't helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: ericgtr12

Alli

Staff member
Aug 11, 2020
Every time I see “Discord” I read “d’accord” and wonder what we’re agreeing on. LOL!

I never understood why everyone was so delighted about Apple adding dark mode. I can’t stand it.

Thomas Veil

Staff member
Aug 13, 2020
I'm the same.

On Discord, I could hardly read posts, let alone reply to them (nose pressed to screen - eyes - and I have worn glasses since I was a small child, crunched up, squinting, painfully - and that awful font made matters even worse).

Light background, please, and, a nice, legible font.

Mind you, my keyboard problem, on my own MBA - an old (battered, but Apple, portable keyboard was dropped over by a friend this week, alleviating matters a little) haven't helped.
I found there is a light mode in Discord. You get to it (at least on iPhone) by clicking the hamburger menu at the top left, and then your avatar in the opposite (bottom right) corner.

I'm with the rest of you. I'm getting older, and light mode serves me better.