More boards

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
Thinking of adding a few more boards here to fill things out, any thoughts on topics we think will be interesting are welcome.

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
Food, drink, coffee, culture, travel.....are all of interest to me.

Books & music also.
Okay, these are all great topics. How would we consolidate this into one forum, this way we won't have too many empty forums as we start out.

Something like
Title: Lifestyle & Culture
Description: Food, drink, books & music

Thoughts?

Gutwrench

Power User
Reaction score
Any chance of adding a Sticky to the General Politics and In the News forums for guidance of what belongs in one or the other?

A couple threads were moved into Arkham which seem like legitimate topics of discussion.

It’s unclear to me at least the reasoning that disqualifies something for the General Politics and In the News forums.

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Reaction score
Any chance of adding a Sticky to the General Politics and In the News forums for guidance of what belongs in one or the other?

A couple threads were moved into Arkham which seem like legitimate topics of discussion.

It’s unclear to me at least the reasoning that disqualifies something for the General Politics and In the News forums.

I'm unclear about this, myself.

Have you any thoughts on how - or where - one should draw a distinction between where a thread finds its home in either section?

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score

You're right, this needs clarity. The news forum was originally designed for me to post news stories into that I would be using to share on our FB Page from here, driving traffic to the site and only staff could post to it. However, people were asking to post in there so I opened it up, this is where the confusion lies.

I'll probably lock that back down to just staff (for new topics, everyone can still reply) and make that clear in the sticky and encourage people to use the other forum(s). I'm about to announce a new forum as well.

As for the topics moved to Arkham, jk was posting them all at the same time and spamming it up, regardless of what side of the aisle one is on we won't have that here. So I started moving them and eventually had to stop him by removing him from that forum for the day.

Hope all this makes sense.

Top Bottom