New Look

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
I had to make this my own and get away from the default forum theme, it was just a matter of making the time to do it, hopefully it's not too harsh on the eyes :) The large font version of this is also available along with the existing Discord theme for those who like the dark look.

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
Blue - a blue background - is a lot more soothing to look at, and easier on the eye, not just aesthetically, but physically; there is a reason it is used so often when viewing screens.

Candidly, I preferred the older scree, but perhaps tweak the aesthetics.

Reactions: jkcerda

jkcerda

Banned
Aug 14, 2020
Blue - a blue background - is a lot more soothing to look at, and easier on the eye, not just aesthetically, but physically; there is a reason it is used so often when viewing screens.

original was better imho.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020

Okay, that's also an option now, let me know if you have any issues.

Chew Toy McCoy

Site Champ
Aug 15, 2020
I just want to request you don’t do something that screams NOT WORK RELATED. So far it’s been nice and stealthy.

• Haha
Reactions: Alli

Alli

Staff member
Aug 11, 2020
I just like black and white. I’m not all that fussy.

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
Great, I appreciate the feedback. I'm trying something a little less glaring, if anyone wants to have a look and let me know what they think that would be great.

Click on your avatar > Preferences and change the style to "PG Blue" (should be at the bottom of the list).

My main goal is to get away from the default theme that comes with the board, there are also paid versions out there but it's not hard to tweak on my own.

Reactions: Alli

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
This is the new style, folks. Feedback is welcome and the old styles are still available as well in your preferences.

This one offers much more functionality, you can also change the size of the fonts in your preferences through a simple dropdown.

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
Has the appearance of the site been changed again?

Personally, I preferred the previous incarnation.

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
Also, keep in mind this particular style offers more features, one of which is choosing the font size you want without having to change styles, also all of the extras when you click below a users avatar, etc.

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
Yes, and those have been enabled again, I just had to reset to apply this to everyone. The options are there if you go to Preferences.
Okay, the blue is easier on my eyes, but the font style seems to have reverted to a size that requires squinting.

Also, keep in mind this particular style offers more features, one of which is choosing the font size you want without having to change styles, also all of the extras when you click below a users avatar, etc.

Perhaps you could explain little more about what that means.

My vintage is not social media native, not even computer native.....

Last edited:

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
Sure, one example is you can now easily change your font size (note this only works in the new theme) to what you like through your preferences. Also, if you look under a users avatar you can click the down arrow and see their stats. There are a few other changes as well but it's meant to be a little more streamlined and user friendly.

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 1.37.19 PM.png