Should You Bring Your Gun To A Protest?

Huntn

Power User
Aug 11, 2020
...should it be legal? I say Hell No, unless you want to see protests turned into tinder kegs and giant shoot outs. I’m really critical of “militia” action where armed idiots dressed up for war show up at demonstrations. Besides it makes law enforcement a nightmare. Just imagine two armed groups squaring off with each other, and the protestors decide they’ll wear camo too.

A 100 policemen may be able to control a crowd of thousands, but if thousands are now armed, the situation is out of control. When police decide to get physical, guns make everything worse.

And the idiot who decided to shoot protestors, he deserves hard time and the likeS of Tucker Carlson should be tossed off Fox. :mad:

Wisconsin
Armed white men patrolling Kenosha protests organized on Facebook

POS Alert!
Tucker Carlson defends vigilante shooter, says he 'had to maintain order when no one else would'

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
...should it be legal? I say Hell No, unless you want to see protests turned into tinder kegs and giant shoot outs. I’m really critical of “militia” action where armed idiots dressed up for war show up at demonstrations. Besides it makes law enforcement a nightmare. Just imagine two armed groups squaring off with each other, and the protestors decide they’ll wear camo too.

A 100 policemen may be able to control a crowd of thousands, but if thousands are now armed, the situation is out of control. When police decide to get physical, guns make everything worse.

And the idiot who decided to shoot protestors, he deserves hard time and the likeS of Tucker Carlson should be tossed off Fox. :mad:

Wisconsin
Armed white men patrolling Kenosha protests organized on Facebook

POS Alert!
Tucker Carlson defends vigilante shooter, says he 'had to maintain order when no one else would'
If the black panthers showed up with assault weapons you can bet your ass Fox News would finally have an issue with it.

yaxomoxay

Site Champ
Aug 13, 2020
Also Republicans when a white person runs into a crowd with an assault weapon and kills two protesters:
Now, don't change facts. He didn't run into a crowd. He was on the sidelines, he was chased running towards the cops, he fell to the ground, one shouts “get his ass”, people got above him, one had a gun on him, he shot, other guy with a skateboard attacked, he shot. Don't make it look like he just picked up his weapon, ran towards the protesters, and started the shooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkcerda

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
Now, don't change facts. He didn't run into a crowd. He was on the sidelines, he was chased running towards the cops, someone shot first, he fell to the ground, one shouts “get his ass”, people got above him, one had a gun on him, he shot, other guy with a skateboard attacked, he shot. Don't make it look like he just picked up his weapon, ran towards the protesters, and started the shooting.
Your relentless defense of the worst of these assholes is frankly tiring.

yaxomoxay

Site Champ
Aug 13, 2020
Your relentless defense of the worst of these assholes is frankly tiring.
I am not defending anything. Facts are facts. He might be legally liable - as I explained yesterday - but what you said is patently false and the videos are clear. Point to a single false fact I said.

DT

Site Champ
Aug 18, 2020
If I were to brandish a firearm, for example, take a handgun, stand out in the street and point it at the neighbors house, you know, to protect it "in case there's an attempted burglary", and the neighbor came running out towards me, also with a visible firearm, and I kill him - that's not self-defense, I was provoking the neighbors response.

It of course doesn't help that he apparently broke a couple of other laws as well, if I'm cutting through private property, someone comes out with a firearm, I shoot him first, that's not self-defense.

The worst thing about this is the people getting off on the whole "Hyuck hyuck, I guess one o' them skateboards don't work so good again muh gun ..."

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
I am not defending anything. Facts are facts. He might be legally liable - as I explained yesterday - but what you said is patently false and the videos are clear. Point to a single false fact I said.
First, he has been charged with murder, but sure "legally liable". And yes, you absolutely defend every single one of these people, police and their actions on a regular basis and then get incredibly offended when people imply that it's racist.

Let me clarify, one does not need to use racist terms. When an unarmed black person is shot in the back, shot in their own home while in bed, or something similar, and the default position is to question the victim without ever speaking out against the people who are armed and killing them, it's systemic racism.

When a white person takes a gun into a group of BLM protesters and the first instinct is to defend that person instead of asking about the people who were murdered, it's systemic racism.

We see it on Fox News and right wing outlets on a regular basis, what did that black person do to deserve it? Dig up an old photo of them with a joint, look at their arrest record, etc., anything to bring them down and mitigate the actual murder.

It's clear that this is why people are marching, and why they're angry. We're fed up with the right wing fascist view of iron fisted law & order.

yaxomoxay

Site Champ
Aug 13, 2020
First, he has been charged with murder, but sure "legally liable". And yes, you absolutely defend every single one of these people, police and their actions on a regular basis and then get incredibly offended when people imply that it's racist.
I am not defending him. At all. You can read what I wrote in the past few days.

Let me clarify, one does not need to use racist terms. When an unarmed black person is shot in the back, shot in their own home while in bed, or something similar, and the default position is to question the victim without ever speaking out against the people who are armed and killing them, it's systemic racism.

When a white person takes a gun into a group of BLM protesters and the first instinct is to defend that person instead of asking about the people who were murdered, it's systemic racism.

We see it on Fox News and right wing outlets on a regular basis, what did that black person do to deserve it? Dig up an old photo of them with a joint, look at their arrest record, etc., anything to bring them down and mitigate the actual murder.

It's clear that this is why people are marching, and why they're angry. We're fed up with the right wing fascist view of iron fisted law & order.
Jesus fucking Christ, will you stop it? I am not defending anyone. I am pointing out that your statement "person runs into a crowd with an assault weapon and kills two protesters" is utterly, proven false and what I am saying is true:

In the course of investigating this incident, law enforcement reviewed and shared with your complainant multiple videos that appeared to be recorded on cell phones. Inthe first video, a male who was later identified to be Kyle H. Rittenhouse, DOB: 01/03/03 (hereinafter “ the defendant ) , is running southwest across the eastern portion of the Car Source parking lot. The defendant is a resident of Antioch, IL. The defendant can clearly be seen holding a long gun, which was later recovered by law enforcement and identified as a Smith & Wesson AR-15 style .223 rifle. The recovered magazine for this rifle holds 30 rounds of ammunition. Following the defendant is Rosenbaum and trailing behind the defendant and Rosenbaum is a male who was later identified as Richard McGinnis, a reporter .
The video shows that as they cross the parking lot, Rosenbaum appears to throw an object at the defendant . The object does not hit the defendant and a second video shows, based on where the object landed, that it was a plastic bag. Rosenbaum appears to be unarmed for the duration of this video. A review of the second video shows that the defendant and Rosenbaum continue to move across the parking lot and approach the front of a black car parked in the lot. A loud bang is heard on the video, then a male shouts, “Fuck you! , then Rosenbaum appears to continue to approach the defendant and gets in near proximity to the defendant when 4 more loud bangs are heard. Rosenbaum then falls to the ground.

The third video that your complainant reviewed shows the defendant running northbound on Sheridan Road after he had shot Rosenbaum. The street and the sidewalk are full of people. A group of several people begin running northbound on Sheridan Road behind the defendant . A person can be heard yelling what sounds like, Beat him up! person can be heard yelling what sounds like, Hey, he shot him !” Your complainant reviewed a fourth video that showed a different angle of the defendant running northbound. In this video a person can be heard yelling, Get him! Get that dude ! Then a male in a light-colored top runs towards the defendant and appears to swing at the defendant his right arm. This swing makes contact with the defendant , knocking his hat off. The defendant continues to run northbound. On the video a male can be heard saying something to the effect of, he do ? " Another male can be heard responding something to the effect of, “ Just shot someone .” Then a male can be heard yelling, “ Get his ass! The defendant then trips and falls to the ground.
As the defendant is on the ground, an unidentified male wearing a dark-colored top and light colored pants jumps at and over the defendant. Based on the sounds of gunshots on the video and the positioning of the defendant's gun, it appears that he fires two shots in quick succession at this person. It appears that that person was not hit as he then runs away from the defendant. A second person who was later identified as Anthony Huber approaches the defendant who is still on the ground, on his back. Huber has a skateboard in his right hand. When Huber reaches the defendant it appears that he is reaching for the defendant's gun with his left hand as the skateboard makes contact with the defendant's left shoulder . Huber appears to be trying to pull the gun away from the defendant . The defendant rolls towards his left side and as Huber appears to be trying to grab the gun the gun is pointed at Huber's body. The defendant then fires one round which can be heard on the video. Huber staggers away, taking several steps, then collapses to the ground . Huber subsequently died from this gunshot wound.
After shooting Huber, the defendant moves to a seated position and points his gun at a third male, later identified as Gaige Grosskreutz, who had begun to approach the defendant . When the defendant shot Huber, Grosskreutz freezes and ducks and takes a step back. Grosskreutz puts his hands in the air. Grosskreutz then moves towards the defendant who aims his gun at Grosskreutz and shoots him, firing 1 shot. Grosskreutz was shot in the right arm. Grosskreutz appears to be holding a handgun in his right hand when he was shot. Grosskreutz then runs southbound away from the defendant screaming for a medic and the defendant gets up and starts walking northbound. The defendant turns around facing southbound while walking backwards northbound with his firearm in a ready position, pointed towards the people in the roadway.

NOW, for the last time, will you get off my back as what I stated matches the State's criminal complaint?

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
I am not defending him. At all. You can read what I wrote in the past few days.

Jesus fucking Christ, will you stop it? I am not defending anyone. I am pointing out that your statement "person runs into a crowd with an assault weapon and kills two protesters" is utterly, proven false and what I am saying is true:

NOW, for the last time, will you get off my back as what I stated matches the State's criminal complaint?
As long as I see it, I'll be calling it out and defending the unarmed victims. Just as you are defending law enforcement and white people. It is what it is.

yaxomoxay

Site Champ
Aug 13, 2020
As long as I see it, I'll be calling it out and defending the unarmed victims. Just as you are defending law enforcement and white people. It is what it is.
dude, defend whoever you want. Just don’t state stuff that has never happened as facts to then cry racist when you’re made aware - with evidence - that your facts are wrong.

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
dude, defend whoever you want. Just don’t state stuff that has never happened as facts to then cry racist when you’re made aware - with evidence - that your facts are wrong.
I'm talking about a systemic pattern, one that always results in the defense of police and white people. Some are based in fact, some are twisted but it's always presented in such a way as to mitigate the actions of authority and demean the victims. It's okay Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson do the same thing, it doesn't change the fact that they're patently racists.

Reactions: ronntaylor

yaxomoxay

Site Champ
Aug 13, 2020
I'm talking about a systemic pattern, one that always results in the defense of police and white people. Some are based in fact, some are twisted but it's always presented in such a way as to mitigate the actions of authority and demean the victims. It's okay Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson do the same thing, it doesn't change the fact that they're patently racists.
I don’t watch either, and if you see a systemic pattern in what I say, I guess it’s more a Rorschach test than anything.
At times I don’t know if you actually read what I write; I don’t know how you can take my words - including what I explained to my son - and say that I am defending the dude, and more so that I am doing so because he’s white (aka calling me racist).

BigMcGuire

Power User
Aug 23, 2020
Police should be allowed to do their jobs and hell no, no weapons at protests! I don't feel safe driving near protests in my car, I can't imagine being part of one. I wouldn't want to risk my life or the life of my family doing that. (Personal opinion).

No weapons should be allowed period. Police should be able to enforce peaceful protests and quickly deal with any problems. By not dealing with problems we encourage... we tell others that they can get away with being problems.

As far as this kid with the rifle - It sickens me to hear that his mom drove him to this event, he tried to flee - seems like he went to this event looking for trouble and people readily gave it to him. I mean... .... really? Why do we allow guns at these events. That makes this kid look terrible in my eyes. But I'm not one to go protesting so...

Sadly, I think the police are probably way undermanned to deal with large protests like this.

Observations?
I do see the right quickly moving to protect this kid and focus on all the stuff they think he did right. I do see the left reacting to this kid as everything wrong with gun ownership, stamp Trump on him, etc. I don't care who you are or what side you're on - this kid seemed like he went in looking for blood. A 17 year old kid does not have the training or the discipline to handle a gun during high stress environments. That's guilty to me.

Alli

Staff member
Aug 11, 2020
No weapons should be allowed period. Police should be able to enforce peaceful protests and quickly deal with any problems. By not dealing with problems we encourage... we tell others that they can get away with being problems.
You’ve just made a perfect argument for gun control.

As for the kid in WI? He crossed state lines with a weapon. He was going hunting.

yaxomoxay

Site Champ
Aug 13, 2020
You’ve just made a perfect argument for gun control.

As for the kid in WI? He crossed state lines with a weapon. He was going hunting.
Kid is weird to be honest. You can also see him offer his services as a trained EMT to protestors, while at the same time he goes to commit a clear act of provocation (being around with guns at protests to protect stores he's not an agent of). Go figure.