Site Name Change In November - TalkedAbout.com

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
Just FYI we will be changing the name of the site to TalkedAbout.com after the election. Nothing will change with the board, the forums, look and feel, etc will all remain as you see them now. Also, PoliticalGroove.com will continue to work as a redirect.

I would prefer this site to be more about general conversation on a variety of topics other than just politics, which we basically are but the current name doesn't reflect that.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Reaction score
Just FYI we will be changing the name of the site to TalkdAbout.com after the election. Nothing will change with the board, the forums, look and feel, etc will all remain as you see them now. Also, PoliticalGroove.com will continue to work as a redirect.

I would prefer this site to be more about general conversation on a variety of topics other than just politics, which we basically are but the current name doesn't reflect that.

No problem about the general idea, sounds good if we would prefer not to confine matters to political discussions.

Nevertheless, I see political problems (or issues) remaining very much to the fore during the Transition (if there is a transition); anyway, in the period leading up to whatever inauguration actually takes place.

However, I assume that you will add a link to TalkdAbout to your own current signature in MR (and possibly also keep PoliticalGroove as a link in your signature) so that it is easy to link?

Why TalkdAbout, rather than TalkedAbout?

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
I Voted
Reaction score
No problem about the general idea, sounds good if we would prefer not to confine matters to political discussions.

Nevertheless, I see political problems (or issues) remaining very much to the fore during the Transition (if there is a transition); anyway, in the period leading up to whatever inauguration actually takes place.

However, I assume that you will add a link to TalkdAbout to your own current signature in MR (and possibly also keep PoliticalGroove as a link in your signature) so that it is easy to link?

Why TalkdAbout, rather than TalkedAbout?
Oops, that was a typo, fixed it (good catch). All of the political discussion will still remain, in fact we can even expand on that as traffic dictates, think of it more as a section within TalkedAbout.

I don't really post much over at MR anymore but either domain name will work, PoliticalGroove will always redirect to the new site name after the change, so it's not going anywhere.

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Reaction score
Oops, that was a typo, fixed it (good catch). All of the political discussion will still remain, in fact we can even expand on that as traffic dictates, think of it more as a section within TalkedAbout.

I don't really post much over at MR anymore but either domain name will work, PoliticalGroove will always redirect to the new site name after the change, so it's not going anywhere.

I am anal about grammar and spelling (and - for an interesting year, when I got a bit bored with teaching - once worked as an editor in the parliamentary debates office, a position which I obtained having sat a public service exam, very useful and interesting to see how government actually worked form the inside), so I merely wished to confirm that this was a typo, and not how you intended it to appear once launched.

DT

Site Champ
Reaction score
As long as TalkedAbout doesn’t turn into celebrity sightings.

1602778446364.png

Clix Pix

Power User
I Voted
Reaction score
Excellent decision to make the name of the site a more general one, as it may attract more people..... I know for myself that I was concerned about whether this was a site in which I'd be interested because the name suggests that's all about politics and I'm not really that heavily into politics. A look around the site reassured me that there was plenty going on in here which doesn't focus on politics, too. It's good to have the politics here, though, where people can freely, without censure, indeed discuss the extraordinary situation we all have been facing this extraordinary year of 2020.....

Top Bottom