The Car Thread v2.0

DT

Site Champ
Aug 18, 2020
OK, sure why not, I know we have much smaller numbers, but maybe this version won't be relentlessly littered with dumb ... :D

Chew Toy McCoy

Site Champ
Aug 15, 2020
I drive a charcoal 2013 Camry. I change my own air filters.

That’s about all I can contribute to this thread.

Reactions: Edd70

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
2020 BMW (lease) I have been loyal to them for about 15 years now. Of course over the last several months it's just been sitting in the garage, I've maybe put on a couple hundred miles at best since the pandemic started.

DT

Site Champ
Aug 18, 2020
Well, I'm waiting on the revised Velossa intake ducts, I had them on my '16 GT, there was a slight revision to the passenger side grill area (I have a '19 now ...), so they're making a MY18+ flavor (technically the driver's side, where the actual air intake snorkel sits is the same).

I've sourced an aftermarket "Pony-less" grill, I'll save my OEM, and I'll cut out just the corners to expose the ducts (that will be in matching orange), should look pretty cool, and on my '16 they really help to drop the low speed IATs (intake temps).

!__woot__!

DT

Site Champ
Aug 18, 2020
Coming out of a store from a supply run (yesterday) I had a little, "Oh, the color/lighting looks neat" moment, snapped a pic, it's sort of blurry I think the lens was a little fogged up. I had washed it in the morning, hadn't done a full on a wash-with-soap in a while, it stays garaged, mostly not driven, so I've just been occasionally wiping it down with a little quick detail spray. When it's really clean it has a neat metallic finish that really shifts the color around, from a deeper orange to almost yellow.

IMG_7086 2_1200.jpg