Trump and Russia

Huntn

Power User
Aug 11, 2020
Aug 2020 Thread- Only after 4 years of damage 😌

Trump’s 2016 campaign chair was a ‘grave counterintelligence threat,’ had repeated contact with Russian intelligence, Senate panel finds

President Trump’s 2016 campaign chairman posed a “grave counterintelligence threat” due to his interaction with people close to the Kremlin, according to a bipartisan Senate report released Tuesday that also found extensive contacts between key campaign advisers and officials affiliated with Moscow’s government and intelligence services.

The Senate Intelligence Committee report states that former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort worked with a Russian intelligence officer “on narratives that sought to undermine evidence that Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election,” including the idea that Ukrainian election interference was of greater concern.

The report states that a Russian attorney who met with Manafort, the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., and his son-in-law Jared Kushner at Trump Tower in 2016 had “significant connections” to the Kremlin. The information she offered to them was also “part of a broader influence operation targeting the United States that was coordinated, at least in part with elements of the Russian government,” the report states.

Mirror thread located at MacRumors

Chew Toy McCoy

Site Champ
Aug 15, 2020
I have a friend who fully believes 9/11 was executed by the US government. I’ll ask you the same question about your Trump/Russia collusion story that I asked him about 9/11. Ok, and what are we going to do about it? At some point it becomes nothing more than a smug certainty victory than any kind of meaningful change or prosecution. But in this case a change has been made in the form of the Senate passing a bill that candidates no longer have to disclose foreign assistance. So there. Something was done about it.

• Sad
Reactions: Alli

Huntn

Power User
Aug 11, 2020
I have a friend who fully believes 9/11 was executed by the US government. I’ll ask you the same question about your Trump/Russia collusion story that I asked him about 9/11. Ok, and what are we going to do about it? At some point it becomes nothing more than a smug certainty victory than any kind of meaningful change or prosecution. But in this case a change has been made in the form of the Senate passing a bill that candidates no longer have to disclose foreign assistance. So there. Something was done about it.
You mean the Senate covered for The Head Delinquent? I predict the chickens will be coming home to roost for the GOP.

Reactions: Alli