Trump reportedly took home $750,000 worth of fake art from the home of the US ambassador to France

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
In a move that only Hitler would applaud, Trump reportedly took home $750,000 worth of art from the home of the US ambassador to France in 2018 after canceling a World War I cemetery visit.

From BusinessInsider
President Donald Trump took home art from the residence of the US ambassador to France during the 2018 visit in which he canceled a journey to visit American World War I dead, according to a new Bloomberg report.

According to the outlet, the transfer caused tension between officials but was deemed legal because the pieces were US property.

All the pieces were discovered to be copies and replicas, the report said, but one unnamed source told Bloomberg the art was worth a combine $750,000.
art.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
In a move that only Hitler would applaud, Trump reportedly took home $750,000 worth of art from the home of the US ambassador to France in 2018 after canceling a World War I cemetery visit.

From BusinessInsider

View attachment 388
Good grief.

I'm not sure which is worse: Taking the artwork in the first place, or (very possibly) not even realising that they were copies, rather than originals?

Reactions: Huntn and Alli

Edd70

Power User
Aug 14, 2020
So many questions. Where are the items now? How did the topic of taking these things come up? Does he literally want to take personal possession of them and sell them later? Did anyone on his staff or his circle tell him this was a bad idea? Where the fuck am I?

• Haha
Reactions: Alli and PearsonX

Huntn

Power User
Aug 11, 2020
He diminishes the status of the US daily. This is so embarrassing that he would appropriate fake art on a whim to put in the White House for his benifit. From the perspective of a low class Sociopath as fake President, it fits, while his staff tries to normalize his sickness to the public. He’s doing it for us. :rolleyes:

From link:
“The President brought these beautiful, historical pieces, which belong to the American people, back to the United States to be prominently displayed in the People’s House,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said in response to questions from Bloomberg News.

Reactions: Citizenzen

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
He diminishes the status of the US daily. This is so embarrassing that he would appropriate fake art on a whim to put in the White House for his benifit. From the perspective of a low class Sociopath as fake President, it fits, while his staff tries to normalize his sickness to the public. He’s doing it for us. :rolleyes:

From link:
“The President brought these beautiful, historical pieces, which belong to the American people, back to the United States to be prominently displayed in the People’s House,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said in response to questions from Bloomberg News.
He's all about the people. :LOL: