Welcome to the new board

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
This is our final iteration of the site rebuild. Feedback is welcome as I get things dialed in, the forum itself is open for posting.

Yoused

Power User
Aug 14, 2020
I am on fora that have a built-in text magnification. This one does not seem to offer that option. Is that a thing that could be added? Because, my eyes are getting less young.

Reactions: Alli and ericgtr12

Edd70

Power User
Aug 14, 2020
Hello, Alli invited me from MacRumours. Not sure how much satisfaction I’ll get here if I already agree with everyone but I’m sure I’ll find something to argue about.

I’ve been banned from Breitbart twice (cracks knuckles). I looked at going there as a way to blow off steam. I’ve actually enjoyed my recent experience at MacRumours but the mods can be a bit quick on the trigger. Their sandbox, their rules, though.

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
I am on fora that have a built-in text magnification. This one does not seem to offer that option. Is that a thing that could be added? Because, my eyes are getting less young.
Hey You (just rolls off the tongue ;) ) Do you mean to increase the size of the text in the posts, or directly in the editor when typing a new one? Welcome BTW, glad to have you!

Hello, Alli invited me from MacRumours. Not sure how much satisfaction I’ll get here if I already agree with everyone but I’m sure I’ll find something to argue about.

I’ve been banned from Breitbart twice (cracks knuckles). I looked at going there as a way to blow off steam. I’ve actually enjoyed my recent experience at MacRumours but the mods can be a bit quick on the trigger. Their sandbox, their rules, though.
Hey Edd, welcome to the site. We already have a couple of posters you can disagree with right off the bat lol, I've also added you to our MR forum, you should see it in the main page listing now.

Reactions: Alli

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
Go look at preferences on MR. There is a text size option there, which is global.
Okay, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I do see that on their site but do not see that option here, it appears that it was a customization that they've added (a nice one too) but let me take a look into what it will take to add here, my eyes aren't as young as they once were myself so it would be a nice feature. I'll let you know.

Reactions: Yoused

Alli

Staff member
Aug 11, 2020
Welcome! Who are you, @You on MR? I can see we’re going to have some fun with that name.

Showoff! Banned from Breitbart TWICE? Color me impressed. Well we have yax and JK here, so you don’t agree with everyone. Everyone needs a token right winger. ;)

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
Go look at preferences on MR. There is a text size option there, which is global.
Okay, I've created an option for you here, it's not nearly as eloquent but it should work, it will increase the font from 15 to 20. Go to your Preferences, click on Style and choose "Large Font" as shown here. Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 12.56.27 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Lovely
Reactions: Alli and Yoused

ericgtr12

Elite Member
Staff member
Aug 10, 2020
Thanks much, captain.
Sure, how does that size workout for you? It was at 15 before and I changed it to 20, we can work it anywhere in between if you want to find a better fit.

Scepticalscribe

Staff member
Aug 12, 2020
It might take a while, but eventually it will become obvious. Ms Alli did PM me an invitation.
Not only do I not really "get" obvious, I - and I am a woman - which made it even more embarrassing at the tie - have failed to spot old school friends who were all of nine months pregnant (who never subsequently fully believed my explanation that my eyesight is wonky, and while my powers of observation can sometimes be extraordinary, at other times, they fall under the heading of "oblivious".

Indeed, if names differ dramatically (and are considerable in number) between here and MR, I may yet have to draw up one of those charts, akin to a currency exchange, that sets out who (or what) equal who (or what).